BPT was established by Edmund Glanzmann in 1985 as a cotton spinning and weaving mill. At its peak BPT employed more than 1.500 people. Due to lack of power, BPT built its first hydropower plant in 1902 and by year 1934 there were four hydropower plants built along stream Mošenik.
BPT stopped textile production in Tržič in 2004, and since than BPT’s main activity is production of green energy. All four power plants were renewed between 2007 and 2014, they are completely automated today. Next to energy production, we are managing several real estates in Tržič, Kranj and Ljubljana. We are currently reviving ex-factory complex in Tržič, that will soon become a lively place full of different business and social activities.